Founder's Day Weekend
2 weekends in July
Exclusive weekend event honoring the life and legacy of Colorado Springs' (and Glen Eyrie's) founder General W. J. Palmer!
It’s Colorado Springs’ 150th anniversary this year!
Join us as we celebrate the founding of Colorado Springs by honoring the life of General William Jackson Palmer. This one of a kind, exclusive event will feature horse and carriage rides around the property – led by General Palmer himself.
Founder’s Day Weekend
- Carriage Ride Tours led by General Palmer
- Mini-museum featuring historic Palmer-era photographs, artifacts and more
- Stop by the Bookstore and browse our extensive collection of historic books and cool off with a celebratory sasparilla (root beer) float.
- Celebrate the release of our brand new history book “The Glen Eyrie Story,” now on sale!
- Kids Coloring Contest
- Old fashioned toys and candies
Carriage Rides will begin at 1 pm and are first-come, first-served.
Free Entry. Carriage rides are $5 per person – no advance reservations are required. Cash and credit are accepted