Writing Your Story: A Self-Guided Retreat
With the beautiful Glen Eyrie property as your backdrop, come get away from the distractions of everyday life and write! Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned writer, this retreat is designed just for you.
Along with your choice of room, you will receive:
- Breakfast in the Castle Dining Room.
- The book “Your Story Matters: Finding, Writing, and Living the Truth of Your Life“ by NavPress author Leslie Leyland Fields.
- Links to two of Leslie’s popular writing classes (approximately 90 minutes each) that you may watch at your leisure.
- Glen Eyrie cash to use in our Bookstore & Cafe or to order from our A La Carte Menu. You can eat lunch, dinner, or a snack in between.
- Coffee cards: enjoy a coffee drink or a custom “Glen Eyrie’s Own” beverage at our cafe.
- A Glen Eyrie journal and pen
“Your Story Matters” is a complete writer’s workshop in a 200 page book! Leslie is a NavPress author who’s published 12 books and has been conducting writer’s retreats and classes for more than 30 years. She has seen the many common obstacles writers face when seeking to tell their own story.
She provides compelling reasons why your personal story is so important and a roadmap to get you started. There are writing exercises and assignments, as well as guidelines for your journey into this hard and holy work. She explains that each person’s story can be used for discipleship, motivation, and encouragement in the lives of the reader. Instructions are given for how to create your own writer’s group and Leslie shares many stories from years of experience with new writers.
Whether you are new to writing or finishing a draft of your manuscript, you will learn from Leslie’s stories and be encouraged and convinced of the value of your own.
For more information on booking this package, call our reservations line at 719-265-7050 or click on the button below.
Lodging and Accomodations
Check-in and Check-out Check-in begins at 4:00 pm at the Front Desk located at the Carriage House. Guests arriving after 9:00 pm will check in at the Gatehouse located at the property entrance. Check-out is at 11:00 am. Late checkouts may be requested 24 hours in advance of arrival.
- Private bath with hairdryer and toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Coffee maker
- Radio/Alarm clock
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and meeting rooms. There are no televisions in the guest rooms.
Beds Castle Premier rooms have one King-sized bed. Castle Deluxe rooms have one Queen bed, Eagles Nest Lodge rooms have one King bed. Pink House rooms have at least one King bed and one pull-out Murphy bed. Big Horn Lodge, Oaks Lodge, Glen View Lodge and Cedar Ridge Lodge rooms have two Queen beds.
Bathrooms Most Castle rooms have a shower/tub. Some have a shower only. Eagles Nest Lodge rooms have a shower/tub. Pink House rooms all have a shower/tub. Big Horn Lodge, Oaks Lodge, Glen View Lodge, and Cedar Ridge Lodge rooms all have a shower/tub combo.
Breakfast Breakfast for up to two guests is included in the nightly room rate. Breakfast is served in The Castle from 7:30-9:30 am. *Breakfast is included for individual private overnight stays, and not for groups staying at Glen Eyrie for an event.